For 4 to 6 people :
- 3 Aubergines (also known under the name of Eggplants).
- 1 Green bell pepper, finely sliced.
- 3 Ripped tomatoes.4 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil (from Greece or Crete).
- 1 Small onion, finely sliced.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed and very finely chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin.
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Salt/ Pepper.
Heat your oven to 180 degres Celsius (350'F or Gas mark 4). First slightly cook the aubergines, whole, in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil for 10 minutes. Let cool down.
Cut them in half and scoop out the pulp and chop it raughly.Then toss it carefully with the onion, chili and tomatoes.
In a bowl, join the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and chili powder with some salt and pepper (to taste) and mix well.
Pour the dressing over the salad then chopped parsley.Mix Carefully and let to rest for 1 hour in a cool area (not the fridge as the olive oil would set and would not be absorbed by the aubergines).
"Eat little, sleep sound"
Gluten free/ Vegetarian/ Vegan/ Dairy free.