- 1/2 litre of finished sauce poivrade.
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped gherkins.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped egg whites.
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped button mushrooms.
- 10g of julienne of black truffle (tuber melanosporum).
In a thick bottom sauce pan, sauté the gherkins and mushrooms. Add the sauce poivrade and the julienne of black truffle.
Check the seasoning and set aside in a bain-marie until serving time.
Just before serving add the chopped egg whites and a nob of butter.
"They can, on certain occasions, make women more tender and men more lovable."
Referring to truffles: Alexandre Dumas (1802-1870)
Contains lactose and gluten. Suitable for diabetics and pregnant women. Nut free.