For the starter
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast (7g)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange or lemon
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups unbleached strong flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried or glacéed cherries
- 1/3 dark raisins
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup in total of candied ginger, lemon and orange peel
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Meanwhile, put the butter and the sugar into an electric dough maker, fit the leaf accessory on and set it to a fast speed to work the butter until all the sugar has dissolved. Add the zests and dried fruits as well as the salt. Set the machine on a medium speed and start incorporating the eggs one by one to the butter. Then add the flour, the vanilla extract to the mixture and allow the machine to work for another 5 minute on a low speed.
Then, change the attachment the bread hook and add the starter to the dough and allow to knead for 10 minutes.
Place the dough into a deep, round and well greased tin and set aside in a warm place to raise for a couple of hours.
Start your oven at 190 degrees Celsius (375F) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Take out of your tin and allow to cool down on a pastry rack.
Suitable for vegetarian, pregnant women, nut free.
Hi can I please use this image on www.mytrinidad.org I promise to give you full credit for the pic. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to use my picture on your web-site.
Thank you so much for the use of your pic!!